Sunday, January 21, 2018

she had the biggest grin on her face


We've had such a relaxing and fun weekend!  Last night we saw a roller derby bout (I hope I'm saying this correctly).  One of my new coworkers is on a roller derby team, and I've also been curious since reading Roller Girl.  It was... interesting and honestly, kinda too intense for me.  Rachel loved it though, so much so she asked me to buy her a shirt with my coworker's team on it.  So it looks like we are going again.  Before we go again I plan on asking my coworker lots of questions so I know what the heck is going on (when I'm brave enough to open my eyes).

Today we took Ella to the park and parked near a flock of geese.  I was a little surprised she didn't go barreling after them once she got out of the car.  It made me wonder if Ella pretended to be excited about geese for Rose's sake.  Rose loved all birdies, especially geese.

To my delight, once I decided to take out and run into the flock of geese (I'm not the brightest crayon in the box), Ella immediately followed me.  Once we sent all the geese up into the sky I turned and looked at her and she had the biggest grin on her face.  

On our way home from the park Ella was pretty pooped though.



Ok she was very pooped.  Chasing geese is hard work.  

I also happened to notice a house I'd never seen before.  I was so excited I made Robert stop the car so I could take pictures.  I was totally blown away.  



No comments:

Post a Comment